We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer booking, surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Also for ensuring our customer security we do not store their mastercarsuk user account passwords.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Links to other websites Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us: Master Cars UK 181 Uxbridge Road, Hanwell, London, W7 3TH. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
From the 25th May 2018 a new European law called The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has come into effect. The purpose for this law is to give customers choice in how they are contacted by service providers and how their data is used. As a minicab service provider, Mastercarsuk is committed to protect your data and personal information. That is why, in line with the new law, we have made some changes to our privacy policies. These changes make it clear how Mastercarsuk collects, uses and stores your information as part of the services it provides along with outlining your rights in relation to your data. HOW THE COMPANY USES THE DATA IT COLLECTS The Company will use personal information to conduct certain activities related to a Customer’s use of the Site and to service any account a Customer maintains with the Company. Such use will include: Evaluating a Customer for the Company services a Customer requests; Registering a Customer as a client and opening an account; Contacting a Customer to verify or reconfirm the accuracy of the information provided; Facilitating payments and transactions as directed by a Customer; Verifying the existence and availability of funds; Administering a Customer’s account; Assisting in the provision of other services or products requested by a Customer; Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems; Preventing potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities and enforcing our contracts with a Customer; Complying with legal process such as subpoenas and court orders and performing other duties as required by law; Researching the demographics and behaviors of the Company’s Customers; and Reporting to law enforcement authorities if the Company believes a crime has been committed. HOW THE COMPANY PROTECTS THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION The Company has implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration when it is under the Company’s control. Personally identifiable information will be stored on the Company’s secure servers or stored on third party servers located in secure data centers. The Company has ensured that or has ensured that third parties maintaining the servers have appropriate safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and that appropriate physical access controls to the files is enforced. The Company authorizes access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to Customers and those with whom a Customer shares their password, the Company, as well as third party access facilitated by the Company in relation to performance of the services offered by the Company. The Company has also taken steps to protect the integrity of its Customers’ personal financial information when they initiate a transaction on the Company’s Site. Despite the Company’s reasonable efforts to protect personal information, the Company cannot guaranty the personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.